0


Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi says he has already decided on his 23-man squad for next month’s World Cup in Brazil but intends to wait until the Monday deadline before unveiling his roster.

Keshi earlier this month released his 30-man provisional squad for the football’s showpiece in the South American nation. And the list has been greeted with an avalanche of criticism, much of it based on the omission of Villarreal hitman Ikechukwu Uche and Schalke 04 forward Chinedu Obasi, as well as the inclusion of former Newcastle striker   Shola Ameobi and on-loan Norwich defender Joseph Yobo on the list.

Nigeria battled to a 2-2 draw against Scotland in London on Wednesday and face World Cup-bound Greece in the United States on June 3.

Speaking ahead of the clash against 2004 European champions Greece at the Philadelphia Eagles Stadium in Philadelphia on Friday, Keshi said he had made his decision on the players to board the plane to Brazil for the World Cup.

“Yes, I have an idea of those who will go with us to Brazil but we will still wait till the last minute before we announce the list,” the former Nigeria captain and Tunisia ’94 Africa Cup of Nations winner was quoted as saying by the spokesman for the national team Ben Alaiya.

Alaiya also quoted Keshi as saying that he had decided to delay the announcement of the list to enable him “ to have a second look at those who are not measuring up”.

Post a Comment

 
Top